Vice President, Global Sourcing will have overall responsibility for setting the vision, developing and executing the global sourcing strategy for raw materials, components and finished goods. Working cross-functionally with Merchandising, Planning, Logistics, and our Shanghai office to secure competitive goods that meet our quality and product requirements as well as all safety and regulatory requirements in the global markets we sell into.Specially, this leadership position will have overall responsibility for the organization’s Global Sourcing and Supplier Development Program.
· Develop an integrated global sourcing strategic plan that continually improves the quality, delivery, cost and cash flow (QDCC) of the supply base. Key initiative will include supply base rationalization, global sourcing, tariff cost management, and increased spend leverage through global sourcing.
· Responsible for global sourcing governance, managing product, regulatory, and supply base compliance to our Corporate and industry standards.
· Responsible for building/maintaining positive relationships with factories/suppliers that provide quality goods and value-added services that meet and/or exceed customer expectations with regards to value.
· Develop and maintains supply risks programs that account for regulatory changes, governmental impacts, and other global pressures to our supply chain.
· Develops Global Sourcing strategy to source and develop new factories/suppliers globally to maintain competitive advantage as market conditions change or as Horizon’s product development strategy broadens.
· Helps ensure all functional areas adhere to proper customer and company compliance programs
· Constantly reviews market conditions and communicates competitor information, price concerns, new regulations, global currency, commodity and international trade requirements, and/or issues related to possible service interruptions or other market changes.
· Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset – through participation in events and activities that lead to financial gain, time savings, and/or waste reduction for the business.
Skills and Qualifying Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain and/or Engineering.
· Advanced degree along with CPM or CPIM is preferred.
· 5+ years of successful experience developing and leading multiple global commodity teams.
· Proven success with leading annual cost savings with a Direct Spend of at least $200MM
· Leadership skills – developed ability to mentor and develop strong internal relationships while driving standardization and leading change.
· Thorough, on-the-ground understanding of global sourcing and past experience managing global direct reports.
· Knowledge of establishing, implementing and using KPI’s as a performance driver across multiple business units.
· Strong command of the English language, both written and oral, along with Mandarin. Cantonese and other Asian languages a plus.
· Strong fundamental knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodology a plus.
· Exposure to supporting a Sales and Operational Planning process.
· History of working in a matrixed organization with a large number of SKU’s, types of materials, product lines and market channels.
· Travel 50% - 75% depending on location