The DC Transportation Coordinator is a key member of the team responsible for delivering our customer’s orders on-time and in full while in compliance with all customer policies and procedures.
- Analyzes content of customer orders and determines correct shipping weights and cube to route freight for shipment.
- Utilizes customer websites and portals to route collect orders for shipment.
- Utilizes HGUSA portal to post prepaid customer loads for shipment.
- Ensures that all orders are routed correctly and on time according to the individual customer expectations to avoid any chargebacks for non-compliance.
- Works with Shipping Department Operational staff to optimally build an appointment schedule that meets customer expectations while maintaining a productive and efficient dock and loading schedule.
- Schedules all outbound customer shipments both prepaid and collect, communicating with customers and carriers via e-mail.
- Follows up with carriers on missed and rescheduled appointments while properly documenting the incidents per customer expectations and procedures.
- Partners internally with the DC Operations Team to manage any issues or challenges pertaining to customer orders.
- Works closely with our Corporate Customer Logistics Team to route and schedule any priority orders.
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly reporting as requested on internal Transportation KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with some guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Industry.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated solid decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence decisions.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Occasional walking, bending, standing.
- Normal office demands.