The Sales Manager is responsible for managing existing and new accounts as assigned by the VP of Sales. This person will help create Strategic Sales Plans for assigned accounts along with the VP of Sales, with end goal of growing revenue. He or she will be responsible for developing long term relationships with customers, and align all cross functional team members towards this goal.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain long-term, volume-yielding business relationships with all assigned retail accounts.
- Help develop and lead implementation of strategic sales plans for assigned account base.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing volume in existing accounts as well as new accounts, utilizing set budget goals as a guideline.
- Identify growth opportunities within the assigned channels of distribution to grow base of account and business volume.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives and report business results including volume, net sales, and as needed margins to VP of Sales.
- Work with customers on all promotional and vendor support initiatives.
- Provide analysis and of competitive market and assortment mix within the channel as necessary.
- Manage and prioritize sales coordinator support responsibilities.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all business matters for customers, brokers and distributors; working with all cross-functional team leads in operations and merchandising.
- Provide timely feedback from customers in order to assess needs for existing product updates and new opportunities.
- Work with planning & replenishment teams in identifying key sales metrics, to develop actionable points to further drive business growth.
- Summarize key retailer POS data to share with merchandising and sales leads, to yield productive assortment growth strategy decisions.
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- 3+ years in CPG categories; Arts & Craft or Toy industries a plus
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Honest, self starter, highly motivated, results-driven and ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong communication skills; Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Excellent written, oral and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a given time while being detail oriented
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager or other relevant Sales Management Experience
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)