As a Product Manager for the Impulse and Celebration team, you will be responsible for managing the development of product from concept to creation. This role is dynamic to say the least, as it embodies both product development and merchandising. To be successful in this role, you must have a good understanding of the product life cycle and have the ability to work within tight deadlines while managing multiple products at once. In addition, drive, detail orientation, and flexibility, is also key attributes to consider when stepping into this role.
• Collaborate with product development and design teams to generate new product concepts through brainstorm meetings, trend-shopping and market research
• Facilitate the creation of sales presentations with mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards
• Conduct daily communication with overseas office on issues of new product development/sourcing/costing and keeping a status of all pending projects
• Facilitate item, costing and margin information to sales team on assigned programs
• Create, and keep a status of, all art requests for new products, packaging revisions and production needs
• Review and comment on all production approval samples and provide customer-required samples to sales team
• Complete new item setup and other product & marketing related forms of production items for retail customers
• Work with members from cross-functional teams of Planning, Marketing Ops, Sales, Compliance, Data Management on all assigned programs
• Help drive expansion with sales presentations, samples review, reaction to buyer comments and product execution
Skills and Qualifying Experience:
• 4-8 years of product management experience in a CPG company.
• Must have sourcing and/or costing negotiating background.
• Outgoing attitude and ability to thrive in a work hard play hard environment.
• Openness to accept constructive critique.
• Marketing management experience a plus.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and fast paced environment.
• High energy, strong work ethic and driven.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong sense of fashion, color and design.