Please note, this role may be based 100% remotely and/or out of our Warren, NJ office.
Role Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead new ideation and concept generation, as new brands, innovative product extensions to existing brands or stand-alone products that fill missing category voids. Focus on development in kids creative activities, science kits, art, and more!
- Conduct market research to identify current and upcoming trends, retail gaps in product and packaging, and perform competitive retail landscape.
- Continually identify and drive improvements in existing product lines to ultimately deliver a better-performing product and increase product appeal.
- Collaborate with merchandising, design and product engineering team members to generate and execute new product and packaging concepts. Collaborate with design team members to generate style guide direction, oversee product and packaging creation.
- Produce trend and concept presentations as needed for new product and customer meetings. Provide direction to merchandising team to create presentations, including mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards. Also, oversee preparation of other presentation support tools like trend boards and retail competitive analysis.
- Oversee daily communication with overseas office on issues of new product development/sourcing and sampling/prototyping.
- Monitor POS of active SKU’s to carve out upcoming product improvement and line plan alteration strategies.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 2 years product development experience in a consumer products, toy, or DIY company
- Hands-on problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Fine art skills and/or crafting skills
- Maker mentality – must be willing to be hands on!
- Hand Sketching & Ideation a plus
Horizon Group USA is an innovative creator of children’s craft & activity kits! Beginning in 1912 as a decorative trim supplier, Horizon Group has grown to become a popular resource for hands-on activity kits and crafting products for all ages.
At Horizon Group USA, we thoughtfully design a wide range or creative activity and craft kits, from STEM activities to classic crafts and jewelry kits. With over 5,000 fun products, our ultimate goal is to bring joy to children around the world! We strive to inspire children and parents of all ages to engage with their creativity as a way to grow and learn about themselves, and the world around them.