· You do not need much, if any, experience in product development to be considered for this role. To be a Junior Product Developer here at Horizon Group USA, all you will need is an eye for trend and color, and a LOVE for everything that involves crafts.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Focus on new ideation and concept generation.
· Conduct market research to identify current and upcoming trends, retail gaps in product and packaging, and perform competitive retail analysis.
· Continually identify and drive improvements in existing product lines to ultimately deliver a better-performing product and increase product appeal.
· Collaborate with merchandising, design and product engineering team members to generate and execute new product and packaging concepts. Collaborate with design team members to generate style guide direction, oversee product and packaging creation.
· Produce trend and concept presentations as needed for new product and customer meetings. Provide direction to marketing support team to create presentations, including mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards. Also, prepare other presentation support tools like trend boards and retail competitive analysis.
· Participate in communication with overseas office for new product development/sourcing and sampling/prototyping.
· Finalize all product request templates and binders for all developed SKUs/programs, prior to initial meetings.
· Manage instructions and video tutorials for new products developed.
· Provide guidelines, product direction, pricing, samples and other presentation tools for industry trade shows and events.
· 2-5 years of product development experience in a CPG company a plus but not required
· Experience developing tween girls product a plus but not required
· Strong sense of fashion, color and design
· Outgoing attitude and ability to thrive in a work hard play hard environment
· Openness to accept constructive critique
· Ability to work on tight deadlines and fast paced environment
· High energy, strong work ethic and driven
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill
· Fine art skills a plus
· Hand Sketching & Ideation a plus