Responsible to lead the overall Global Safety & Compliance Program for HGUSA products for all countries where product is distributed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to product protocol development, identification and adoption of applicable product standards, interaction with all aspects of the global test program, support product development activities, conduct investigations into after-market product complaints and issues, lead corrective actions, & process improvements.
The position requires strong leadership, ability to drive change in a complex global environment, bias towards collaborative and transparent communication and a call to action to manage and facilitate a world class Global Safety & Compliance Program
· Lead and develop Global Safety & Compliance Team based in the US and support the China Team
· Create, maintain and communicate all global test protocol requirements to internal/external partners
· Lead escalation and communication plan for all global safety & compliance related matters
· Lead, drive, escalate, and communicate emerging global issues/regulatory changes
· Manage compliance platform to ensure factory compliance to retailer requirements
· Conduct product investigations into after-market product complaints and issues
· Advise Product Development Teams on all matters related to compliance requirements applicable to all product categories.
· Participate in Industry standards committees to ensure HGU adopts proactive approach to implementation of Safety & Compliance product/test requirements;
· Manage, & control annual test/compliance expense, working in collaboration with HGU Lab Partners
- S Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial)
- 5-10 years of progressive experience
- Thorough knowledge of chemicals, and chemical compounds
- Experience in technical requirements for chemistry sets, HBA kits, art & craft materials
- In-depth knowledge of current & emerging global regulatory requirements
- Research and remain current with industry trends/emerging issues
- Expert in Global Product Safety & Compliance Program Requirements
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, cross-functional, global environment
- Ability to analyze product test reports, and determine next steps
- Knowledge of manufacturing & assembly techniques for various materials such as plastic, wood, metal
- Ability to employ continuous improvement principles, and techniques to improve factory performance.
- Ability in creating product performance specifications to mitigate potential after-market product issues
- Analyzing the impact of Regulatory requirements, and product standards on the business
- Regulatory filings with US CPSC, and other country Regulatory bodies.
- Strong written and verbal skills