This individual will provide leadership in medium to large application development projects as well as working independently on smaller scope (mainly reporting/data analysis) projects.
As well as being assigned projects by management, the individual will use his/her knowledge of business and technical ‘best practices’ to identify opportunities to refine/revise business processes/procedures to provide more effective and/or efficient solutions and will present potential projects to senior management for review and approval.
The Business Analyst will work with senior management to assign priority to open issues and manage work backlog for his/her self as well as assisting in management of less senior staff workloads.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the user community to identify areas where technology can be used to assist in the business process. This individual will develop and implement cost effective solutions to business issues, either self-identified or those identified by other users.
Individual will work independently or with limited supervision.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Development and management of project plans for large to medium projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve business process/procedure to provide more effective/efficient solutions.
- Development of program specifications to address existing business issues. Specification may be used externally by other programming resources, or internally to direct the individual’s development process.
- Identification of required resources, including hardware, software and personnel.
- Developing and/or enhancing functionality to reflect required specifications. Includes some basic program development in 4GL programming language (Progress) and/or .Net/SQL.
- Development and execution of testing plans to insure that delivered solutions meet required needs. Business Analyst will be involved in final testing and sign-off of solutions before moved into production.
- Develop implementation and training plans for release of new development to the user community. Provide initial and follow-up training as required to successfully implement development solutions.
- Develop documentation on solution functionality and process flow that can be used by user community for self-training/issue resolution.
- Provide first level support to users for issues related to application functionality/user training.
- Development of required reporting/data analysis models using existing data reporting/modeling tools (Qlikview, SSR, Crystal Reports).
- Other duties as required by management.
Qualifying Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply technology solutions to business issues/challenges, good understanding of IT development process and capabilities.
- Strong business background (3+ years’ experience), Consumer Products Business experience preferred
- Strong business background in Supply Chain Management
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of use and integration of Microsoft Office suite of tools (WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS)
- Working knowledge of QLIKVIEW, Crystal Reports or SSR, preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of PROGRESS programming language, .NET, C++ preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a project team
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Bachelor degree in business or technology area (or comparable work experience)