As an Associate Product Manager for the Kids Crafts team, you will be part of a team responsible for managing a product from concept to creation. To be successful in this role, you must have an analytical mindset along with keen eye for details and have the ability to work within tight deadlines while managing multiple products at once. In addition, drive, flexibility, and the ability to work with multiple teams within the business are also key attributes to consider when stepping into this role. In return, this role is a fantastic entry point into our Product and Merchandising teams and provides great opportunities for growth and development at Horizon Group USA.
Role Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Development teams to generate new product concepts through brainstorm meetings, trend-shopping and market research.
- Facilitate the creation of sales presentations with mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards.
- Conduct daily communication with overseas office on issues of new product development/sourcing/costing and keeping a status of all pending projects.
- Assist in product spec creations by obtaining competitive samples, photographing, editing photos and creating copy.
- Facilitate item, costing and margin information to sales team on assigned programs.
- Creating, and keeping a status of, all art requests for new products, packaging revisions and production needs.
- Assist in reviewing and commenting on all production approval samples and provide customer-required samples to sales team.
- Complete new item setup and other product & marketing related forms of production items for retail customers.
- Work with members from cross-functional teams of Product Development, Planning, Marketing Ops, Sales, etc. on all assigned programs.
- Advanced skills in Powerpoint and Excel required
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and fast paced environment required
- Strong attention to details required
- 1- 3 years of product management experience in a CPG/manufacturing company preferred
- Sourcing, Costing, Product Development and/or Supply Chain background a plus
- Experience communicating with overseas suppliers preferred
- Openness to accept constructive critique
- High energy, strong work ethic and driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for crafting and creativity a plus
*Please note, this is a hybrid opportunity with some days working in our Warren, NJ office and other days working remotely.