Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Oversee day-to-day functions in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Accounting
· Document and enhance the monthly financial close and review process, and other financial processes.
· Guide financial decisions by monitoring and enforcing accounting and internal control policies and procedures.
· Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting packages.
· Supervise year-end independent audit engagement including preparation of annual draft financial statements and footnotes in conjunction with the company’s independent auditors.
· Actively participate in annual budgeting processes, along with monthly forecast updates.
· Interface with the company’s independent accounting firm in the preparation of all Federal, State and Local Tax Returns and related tax planning.
· Recruit, develop, and trains a qualified accounting and finance team.
· Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled and detailed on a monthly basis
· Review and evaluate operating results, communicate key financial and operational issues to enhance business performance.
· Assist Ownership with financial and insurance matters as needed.
· Involvement with special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· Candidate must be able to demonstrate expertise in generally accepted accounting principles, in-depth knowledge of accounting processes, procedures, controls and systems.
· Experience in a consumer goods related company with sales to large national retail chains.
· Prior experience in public accounting is a plus.
· Strong analytical skillset and effective communication skills both verbally and written are necessary.
· Candidate must demonstrate the ability to initiate change and drive improvement in accounting policies and practices, as well as, business processes and procedures.
· Individual should be a self-starter.
· Experience with building interactive financial excel spreadsheets and financial models a plus. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in standard IT tools, along with significant experience in an ERP systems environment.
· Candidate must demonstrate leadership skills, with an appropriately assertive, customer-oriented approach.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills are critical in order to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
· Experience with international manufacturing in countries such as China a plus.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic entrepreneurial work environment.
· Candidate should have at least 5 years or more of work related experience.