Just made the most beautiful unicorn SLIMYGLOOP® but now it’s hard? Want to create a batch of SLIMYGLOOP but don’t have any glue? Mastering the art of SLIMYGLOOP can get tricky. That’s why we’re sharing all the tips and tricks you need to make your SLIMYGLOOP experience as magical and relaxing as it should be!
1. How can I soften hard or dried Out SLIMYGLOOP?
- If your white glue SLIMYGLOOP is breaking when you try to stretch it, add any household lotion to it until your SLIMYGLOOP is as soft as you desire.
- If your clear glue SLIMYGLOOP becomes hard or dry, keep it in direct sunlight for a few hours or run it under hot water.
2. I want to make SLIMYGLOOP, but I don’t have any glue!
No glue, no worries! With some everyday household items, you can still create SLIMYGLOOP that’s equally as squishy and amazing as glue-based SLIMYGLOOP — here’s how:
- Measure 1/4 cup of 3-in-1 shampoo and add 1/8 teaspoon of salt, then mix it up! It should start forming into a ball. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes — then you’re ready to play!
3. How can I remove excess liquid from my SLIMYGLOOP?
- If you just made some SLIMYGLOOP and it’s too runny, add small amounts of borax — or your included sodium tetraborate packet — to your SLIMYGLOOP until it reaches your favorite consistency. Remember: You can always add more but cannot take away! So, make sure you don’t add too much borax, or your slime will become tough and break.
- If you have old SLIMYGLOOP — made over a month ago —and it is too runny, add more glue and borax.
4. What should I use if I don’t have any borax?
- If you don’t have borax at home, have no fear! Contact solution works just as well to activate your SLIMYGLOOP.
5. Help! My SLIMYGLOOP is too sticky! What should I do?
- If you made your SLIMYGLOOP perfectly, but over time it became annoyingly sticky, you may be storing it in too warm of an environment. Put the slime in the fridge to restore it to a proper consistency.
- Putting lotion on your hands before playing with SLIMYGLOOP also helps to keep it from becoming too sticky!
- Add floam or mini foam balls! Floam is the perfect addition to sticky SLIMYGLOOP, making a crunchy, not-so-sticky creation.
6. My SLIMYGLOOP shrunk and lost its fluffiness — how do I bring it back to life?
- Add some shaving cream to your SLIMYGLOOP to fluff it up!
- Take your SLIMYGLOOP out of its container and play with it for about ten minutes until its original shape and texture are back.
7. My beads are falling out of my SLIMYGLOOP. How can I keep them in?
- A little goes a long way when it comes to making SLIMYGLOOP™ with beads in it — so try not to go overboard. Also, make sure to use a light borax mixture! Adding ½ teaspoon of beads to ¼ teaspoon of borax in a cup of water makes the perfect SLIMYGLOOP mixture — keeping it stretchy but still crunchy.
8. Has My SLIMYGLOOP Gone Bad?
When trying to decide if your SLIMYGLOOP should be kept or tossed, ask yourself:
- Is there a bad smell, not just a glue smell?
- Are you noticing extreme color changes?
- Has your SLIMYGLOOP stopped reacting to the remedies you are trying?
- If the answer is yes to any (or all) of the questions above, it’s time to make a new batch of SLIMYGLOOP!
9. How can I make my SLIMYGLOOP smell better?
- If you don’t like the way your SLIMYGLOOP smells, add essential oils or extracts directly into the SLIMYGLOOP or on the lid of the container. Brands and types of glues smell differently, so experiment until you find one you like the most.
10. My SLIMYGLOOP is stuck to my hair or clothing, how do I get it out?
- Put any hair conditioner onto the affected area, and then rinse it out with water!